So in 2013 I bought the Megan Nielsen Darling Ranges pattern and this fabric to make it in. The fabric is a Liberty archive (1940s, I think) reprint cotton lawn, bought from...I think it was Stone Fabrics.
However, I ended up having all sorts of trouble with the Darling ranges pattern (read about it in the original post), so I didn't use this fabric in the end.
Then in the autumn of 2013 I drafted my own, very simple dress and made it in this fabric. And it was great! Very comfortable, nice-looking...a great dress, basically. And then...an ink pen broke and leaked all over the skirt part. What are the odds?
Anyways, I didn't really have enough fabric left to replace the skirt front, so I instead chopped the dress up, saving as much fabric as possible and hoping a real nice project would come along.
And it did!
This Salme pattern is actually for a dress. But no reason why it can't be a blouse. So...it became a blouse. This blouse.
However, I let this special fabric down. I made the blouse when I didn't really have time to make anything. So I rushed through it. And didn't match the pattern. And also messed up the collar. No biggie, I'll simply have to wear my hair down whenever I wear this blouse, but it's annoying me. I probably have just about enough fabric left to re-do the collar, so I'll probably do that at some point.
I wanted to blog about it now, because the colour of this feels very Christmassy and it is fourth of advent today after all.
So on that note, I hope you all have a very merry Christmas, and see you on new year's eve for a round-up of this year's projects and some thoughts on next year's sewing.
Blouse, make-up and styling: me. Photos: Josh / overnightcopyright.com