Wednesday, 3 December 2014

BIG NEWS! The Peppermint Store - The SHOP!

Guys, tonight I have big news. I have....*drumroll* opened an Etsy shop!


It's been a long time coming. When I started the blog the plan was to at some point open a shop. So in the summer of 2012 I was buzzing with ideas! And probably that was the problem. I had too many ideas, I saw too many possibilities, and I didn't know which one of those I wanted to do.

I've been going back and forth so many times over those 2.5 years and finally realised that I should probably sell the items I enjoy making.

Well, I like little floral beautiful but unnecessary items.

I have a magpie-like attraction to floral fabrics, yet I don't tend to make a lot of floral clothes. I'm most comfortable dressing in plains and neutrals. So by making floral, polka dot and gingham things to sell I can gorge on those fabrics without overcrowding my wardrobe with stuff I won't wear.

So that's my selfish motivation (I think we all knew sales wasn't my strong point) for the shop.

Why I think you'll love my handmade items? Well, look at them! They're adorable! ;) Just kidding.

I guess the type of customer I'm hoping to appeal to is somebody like me. Who loves pretty fabrics put together into something neat, yet rustic-looking.

I'm terrible at selling anything, so let me instead show you my current stock. If you haven't done your Christmas shopping yet I dispatch in 1-2 days. Just saying... :)

Union Jack patchwork-style cushion covers

Floral jewellery pouches 

 More floral jewellery pouches

And yet some more jewellery pouches 

White Christmas cards 

And cream Christmas cards.. 

Or why not both!

Until the new year I'm planning to only sell the Union Jack cushions, jewellery pouches and Christmas cards. I have a few other things planned further ahead, so if you don't see anything you like, bookmark me and pop back in a few months!

Whether you plan to buy something or not, I'd love to hear what you think!

xxxx


0 comments:

Post a Comment