Wednesday, 31 December 2014

2014 summary

As the year is finishing, some reflections and the ubiquitous summary are in order.

This year I had a long making and blogging dry spell, that started at the end of the summer in 2013 and finally finished at the beginning of the summer in 2014. Moving halfway across the country and changing jobs twice had a lot to do with it. But in June I made time for sewing again and I am so so happy I did. As far as hobbies go, it is my biggest love.

So the below is what I blogged in 2014. Some of the things were made in 2013 and some things made in 2014 are yet to be blogged, so it's not the ideal yearly summary, but ah well!


And let's not forget the OWOP Plantains.


The Plantains are definitely my favourite makes of 2014. So quick and fun to make, so comfortable and versatile to wear. An all round winner.

So looking at the above photos it is clear I favoured making separates over dresses. And I also used a lot more patterned fabrics than I remember. It was definitely a year of fun makes compared to practical makes.

Looking at these photos I am happy with these makes, I enjoyed making them all and I enjoy wearing them. But I also see a clear vision for next year. So let's deal with the 2015 re-sew-lutions at the same time.

In 2015 I will....

1. Sew more 'boring' clothes. I.e. practical items for every day use. Focus on high quality fabrics as opposed to fun fabrics.
2. Make more things. The time is there, I just have to learn to use it better.
3. Learn to take better photos. Too easy not to.
4. Finish and blog two quilts currently in progress.
5. Learn to knit and blog knitted projects. (Pleased to say I've started on this one....)


Righty-o! I hope you all are having a wonderful New Year's Eve and HAPPY NEW YEAR! xxx



0 comments:

Post a Comment