Saturday, 6 September 2014

OWOP 2014 - My pattern

Whoop whoop, OWOP is finally here! (Read all about it over at Handmade Jane's blog.) I'm superexcited because it is my first one!


Between starting the blog and circa June this year this blog was very much a neglected project. But the more I started reading other sewing blogs the more inspired I got. The sewing blogging/social media community is amazing and really the perfect place to learn, develop skills, feel inspired and challenge yourself.

And OWOP seems like such a fun challenge! It requires a little bit of soul searching (which one is actually my favourite pattern?), opportunities for pattern hacks to get different looks, styling challenges to make that one look last all week, but also a perfect excuse to finally make another of that top/dress/skirt/whatever.

So, which pattern am I going for? Well, because I work in an office I had to go for something that can be styled to look smart. But if I'm going to wear it all week it better be comfortable too! And since this late summer/early autumn weather is most unpredictable, it needs to be a great layering piece.

So I've decided to go with a marvellous and free pattern! The Deer and Doe Plantain T-shirt. The love I have for this pattern is hard to describe. It sews easily and quickly, it is very comfortable, incredibly flattering and so versatile.



I made a blue short sleeved Plantain with silk sleeves earlier this year, and I wear it so often I'm surprised it hasn't fallen apart yet. I've been meaning to make more, but have been distracted by other sewing projects.


But now finally, a good excuse! I like to do things last minute (working hard on those grey hairs!), so I made a Plantain dress on Thursday night, another Plantain T-shirt last night and I'm just about to cut a Plantain cardigan. I'm still in my dressing gown, so once the cardigan is made up the difficult part starts: which one to wear?

Right, let's do this!



2 comments:

  1. Yo también tengo este patrón para coser!!!
    Te ha quedado muy bien la plantain!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias! Enjoy sewing your Plantain! :)

      Delete