Sunday, 3 February 2013

DIY: Turban headband

Yesterday I mentioned that I chopped my hair myself. Well, some days I love it. Some days I don't. So I whipped up this black velvet turban headband to add something fun to bad hair days.

So easy, so quick, and so much fun! Here's how:



Let's start with what you will need.


  • Any material with some stretch. I found a stretchy black velvet dress in my local charity shop - win!
  • Measuring tape
  • Scissors
  • Sewing machine/needle and thread

Step 1: measure around your head. Of all my measurements this is the only one I actually know weirdly enough.


Step 2: cut a strip that measures lengthwise 2 x your head measurement. Height...about 15-20 cm, or 8 inches.

Step 3: fold the long strip (pretty side in), sew the long edges together and turn inside out so you have one long tube.

Step 4: sew the short edges together so you now have a loop.


Step 5: twist the loop twice and fold together. Bam, done!




0 comments:

Post a Comment