Monday, 31 December 2012

2012

Hi! Last day of 2012! The Peppermint Store blog has only been around since May, but a little overview of 2012 still feels in order.



I felt like I have not posted much this year, but still, got up to 20 projects, including a mix of clothes, shoes, jewellry and even knitted accessories! Pretty pleased!

I love having an archive of my projects and a space to share them with friends and family and whoever else is interested in an easy, fun, affordable and environmentally friendly way to get the wardrobe pieces you want.

So TPS is definitely coming with me into the new year. With plans for yet better projects, better photographs and more frequent updates.

But before it's time to put those resolutions into place, I thought I'd put together a list of my favourite DIYs of 2012.




Since making them I have worn these to bits and pieces. With a plain top or T-shirt they make a simple outfit fun and interesting.



Also these have become a favourite wardrobe item. They look so summery with that bubblegum pink heel. I love wearing them with skinny jeans and a loose fit tee.



I loved giving some of my comfiest worn out clothes a new life. This skirt is decorated with old T-shirts and this simple DIY probably extended its life significantly. 



Another summery item. A tent-sized plain sundress I reworked into my size and gave some fun details, including an open back and a slight dipped hem effect. This is probably the most time-consuming and "technical" of all the projects presented on the blog so far, but it was fun to remake and absolutely radiates summer.



A project to make on rainy days and use on sunny. And a great opportunity to be creative with trims, buttons and beads, whatever you've got laying around!



Last summery craft (though I wear it all year round). This bracelet took a heartbeat to make and has been worn about a million times since.



A tea time craft. With a cup of tea in one hand and pliers in the other a £1.50 second hand bracelet I bought only to realise I'd never wear turned into earrings I wear all the time.



Phew, this was a time consuming project! It didn't take too much time to do, but to create the blog posts...I'm exhausted just thinking about it. But I hope I managed to get across the idea of how ridiculously simple it is to make useful and cute items even if you've never picked up a knitting needle before.




Finally, a small time investment big result project. And since winter is not over yet, I'm sure this will get plenty more use.


And that's 2012 on The Peppermint Store. Good, but next year will be so much better!

See you in 2013 everybody! And Happy New Year! Celebrate in style!




0 comments:

Post a Comment