Thursday, 21 June 2012

More nail polish - painted bangle


I started this blog on the theme of nail polish, and I can assure you that this is something you will see a lot of. There is just so much you can do with nail polish. You'll see... ;)

The story behind today's post: When it's summer (even if it is grey and wet and miserable) I want to dress like a rainbow. It's all colours, colours, colours! So when I saw a bunch of bright bangles for £1.50 at a new fav charity shop, I couldn’t resist. However, one of these is plain, so plain, just a gold-colored bangle. As I'm still holding out hope for tanned arms eventually the next couple of months, a DIY was necessary.


There are loads of possibilities of how to do this. I decided to go for a geometric pattern, but e.g. a few different splattered colours would be gorgeous!

Supplies needed:
  • plain bangle
  • nail polish
  • graphic tape (I got loooads with my sewing machine when I bought it from a fashion design student, and embarrassingly, this is all I could think to do with it)



Wrap the tape around the bangle diagonally in one direction, then in the other.


Paint. Leave to dry. Remove tape. Done!









1 comments: